Ms. Kone enjoys volunteering in community projects.
- She is a founding member and past President of the African Communities (ACN) Network of Washington
- She has been a member of the following projects
- Commission on African-American Affairs of the State of Washington
- Seattle Partners for Healthy Communities
- Seattle Human Rights Commission
- Planning and Oversight Committee of Seattle Public Schools
- Search Committee for the Seattle Police Department Chief
- National Black Health Project
- Somali Family Safety Task Force
In 2013, Ms. Kone was the recipient of Seattle University School of Law - BLSA Vanguard Leader of the Year Award.
In 2000, Ms. Kone was named a Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow for her work heading a medical relief drive for a rural public hospital in Côte d’Ivoire in partnership with the South Everett Mukilteo Rotary club.